Canada Student Visa in 20 days
Great opportunity for students coming from India, China, Philippines, Vietnam and now also Pakistan. If you are accepted by a Canadian university, immigration will issue your student visa within 20 days.
Requirements for a Canadian student visa
First of all, you will need a letter of acceptance from a Canadian university. Without that you are not eligible to apply to this particular visa program. Then you need a study permit which is not a visa. It does not, by itself, allow you to travel to or enter Canada. Therefore, you may also need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). If you do, these will be issued together with your student permit. Here is a link to the relevant help pages on the website of the Canadian government: Study Permit Application Process
Student Direct Stream
The Student Direct Stream (SDS) launched in 2018 as an option for study permit applicants in China, India, Philippines and Vietnam and from 2019 in Pakistan. Most SDS applications in those countries are being processed in only 3 weeks. This program supports the Canadian Government’s goal of attracting students from a broader range of countries. Many international students who graduate from a university program in Canada often become eligible for a post-graduation work permit or have more success in applying for permanent residence after their studies.
Major requirements for SDS
- You are legal resident living in China, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Vietnam
- You fill an online application form.
- You have been accepted by college or university in Canada.
- You have the minimum required qualification to follow your study program.
- You hold required educational transcripts and certificates and you have paid the tuition fees for the first year of your study program in advance.
- You fulfill the language proficiency requirements: 6.0 band score in International English Language Test System (IELTS) in each skill (reading, listening, speaking and writing) or score of at least level 7 in the French language at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB).
- You get a medical exam or police certificate (if you need one) before you apply.
- You have secured a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 CAN.
Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
If you want to study in Canada as a foreigner student you will need to open a Guaranteed Investment Certificate, so called GIC account. It is an investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time. For example, if you deposit $10,000 Canadian dollars on your GIC account, you will get a portion of your investment back each month for a year. Which means, that after 12 months, you’ll have received your $10,000 CAD investment back, plus interest.
The following banks offer GICs that meet the criteria:
- Bank of Beijing
- Bank of China
- Bank of Montreal
- Bank of Xian Co. Ltd.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- Habib Canadian Bank
- HSBC Bank of Canada
- ICICI Bank
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- RBC Royal Bank
- SBI Canada Bank
The SDS visa program is a great way to help international students get their study visa processed faster. If you live in one of the eligible countries and wish to study in Canada, consider applying through the Study Direct Stream Visa – which is faster, easier and more convenient.
If you are not a citizen of the countries mentioned above, or if you are a citizen but you live elsewhere, you must apply through the regular study permit application process.